SEND CPD for Staff
All staff members have on-going training in a range of special educational needs and disabilities.
- Current whole school training is focusing on developing more effective learners
- Literacy is being developed through; Read Write Inc. (Phonics programme)
- Numeracy is being developed through a multi-sensory approach using Numicon and focus upon investigation and problem solving
- Dyslexia awareness and training on making our classrooms as Dyslexia friendly
- We have Teaching and Associate Staff who have received training to support children with speech, language and communication needs (SLCN).
- Staff members supporting pupils with physical and medical needs receive specialised training which is specific to their particular responsibilities.